Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum - How to get the Metal Coat

Discussion about the Generation IV Pokémon games - Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.
thotsi
Founder
Founder

Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum - How to get the Metal Coat

Post by thotsi » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:34 pm

I was recently wanting to evolve my Scyther in Pokémon Platinum, yet after looking up where to find the Metal Coat required, no one seemed to have a good answer that was straight and to the point, so, while this post may seem random, that is my reasoning for writing it!

First of all, there is a 5% chance that you will find a Metal Coat being held by any one of these Pokémon in the wild: Magnemite, Magneton, Steelix, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Bronzor, Bronzong, Magnezone. Bronzor can be found pretty early if you want to evolve your Onix quickly, being available on Route 206 south of Eterna City.

Anyway, as a static item, (in Platinum only) there is a Metal Coat you can pick up in Iron Island. SImply enter the cave and head down the staircase on the right and follow this path through the elevator:

Once you have taken the elevator, go down the stairs on the left this time and follow these paths:

The metal coat is inside the Pokéball in the last room, in Platinum only. In Diamond and Pearl (as well as Platinum), the only static Mirror Coat you can pick up is in the postgame after getting the National Pokédex from Byron in the house on Iron Island. If you want a Metal Coat before that, you will have to get it from the aforementioned wild Pokémon.
we chilean

cleffei
Admin
Admin

Re: Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum - How to get the Metal Coat

Post by cleffei » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:32 pm

more people need to actually draw lines on maps, just labelling the item itself isnt enough people :v
chocolate milk does not come from brown cows