The VGM Thread!

Discuss any random crap that is not Pokémon related.
thotsi
Founder
Founder

The VGM Thread!

Post by thotsi » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:12 pm

I love video game music, I used to use it all the time to study since there were no lyrics to sing along to, haha. I thought it'd be fun to share with you a new piece of video game music every day - doesn't have to be Pokémon related, but I'll start it off that way with National Park, original version from Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal. Feel free to join in, give your thoughts on the music and provide your own. Maybe one day, we can collate a playlist!

This theme feels different to many other themes in the game, perhaps only comparable to Cianwood/Ecruteak City. You can come to National Park and be safe from ambush, safe for going into the grass. Definitely a place in Pokémon to really kick back! The remixed version from HGSS is great too, but I personally think it adds too much complexity to beat out this one. c:

we chilean

cleffei
Admin
Admin

Re: The VGM Thread!

Post by cleffei » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:57 pm

I really really like the mystery gift tune from firered and leafgreen, just a nice little up beat peppy tune, helps that frlg have such a good soundfont too!
chocolate milk does not come from brown cows

thotsi
Founder
Founder

Post by thotsi » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:07 pm

cleffei wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:57 pm
-snip-
ahh, memories of entering "LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL" to unlock the mystery gift option, then having no gifts to recieve.
we chilean

thotsi
Founder
Founder

Post by thotsi » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:29 am

Today's VGM from me: Bloody Tears (Castlevania II)!

I'm not the biggest Castlevania fan, but Konami sure know how to make a track! This one's been stuck in my head for the last week, and is definitely my favourite of many versions of this song.

we chilean

cleffei
Admin
Admin

Post by cleffei » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:45 am

my song for today is Snowman from Mother 1. It's really chill (roflmao im a pun god) and in the context of the game it's super refreshing ot hear it when you finally reached that town!

chose the official OST rearrangement from the GBA release of Mother 1+2 cause it's super duper cute, especially the fade out at the end

thotsi
Founder
Founder

Post by thotsi » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:51 am

cleffei wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:45 am
-snip-
Wow, this tune was really something! Earthbound is a game I really do need to play - I tried it before but couldnt really get into it, perhaps I should try again sometimes. I have quite a backlog of games to get through, though!

My next VGM will be tomorrow (16th) so I hope you'll enjoy it, because I got a lotta tracks to go through!
we chilean

cleffei
Admin
Admin

Post by cleffei » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:34 am

thotsi wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:51 am
Earthbound is a game I really do need to play - I tried it before but couldnt really get into it, perhaps I should try again sometimes. I have quite a backlog of games to get through, though!
It's a pretty weird game all things considered, pretty hard to get into honestly. I always felt like Mother 1 and 3 are easier games to get into compared to Mother 2/EarthBound (thats if youre good with stupidly difficult NES RPGs) but yeah it's definitely worth a few chances!

cleffei
Admin
Admin

Post by cleffei » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Song for today is the Trial of Knowledge theme from Ni No Kuni II.
I got to this point in the game the other day and woooow the song really stuck out to me, it's simple but really sets the tone perfectly for the puzzle that it plays in. It's also like barely anywhere on youtube lol

thotsi
Founder
Founder

Post by thotsi » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:54 pm

sorry for my couple of days out! i've been replaying pokemon platinum recently and just got to snowpoint city, so naturally this has to be my vgm of the day for today. absolutely beautiful!

we chilean

cleffei
Admin
Admin

Post by cleffei » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:10 am

aaa I looove that theme! one of the best town themes in the entire series, lovely place too, tones of memories of snowpoint!
my theme for today is the remixed battle theme from the Japanese exclusive Stadium game! I love the instrumentation here, sounds very powerful and all that jazz